Stumbles and falls don't have to be part of getting older. You might think feeling unsteady on your feet is something that comes with being older, but it doesn't have to be that way.
Our WellBalanced workshop aims to teach people how to reduce their risk of falling, identifying hazards that cause falls, how to avoid them and what you should do if you have a fall. The workshop is an interactive group session that encourages discussion and lasts for around two and a half to three hours. At the end you'll be offered access to a range of gentle exercise programmes led by instructors qualified in falls prevention.
These free workshops are run by Chichester Wellbeing and are held in local, accessible venues around Chichester, Selsey and Midhurst. There may be charges for follow-on exercise sessions, but this will vary depending on the class you choose to attend.
- Improve your confidence when out and about and in the home.
- It will provide you with the knowledge to reduce the risk of fall related injuries, such as sprains and broken bones.
- The programme covers topics such as: How to reduce your risk of falling, what to do if you fall and getting up from a fall (among others).
- Maintain your independence and learn 6 simple exercises that improve your balance and are helpful in overcoming stiffness and joint pain.
- Understand the importance of exercise.
- Find out what physical activity you can incorporate into your daily routine to improve balance and coordination.
- No GP referral is needed to join WellBalanced and it is free to join.
‘Very pleased with the course overall, it was presented in a friendly and calm manner. I have gained so much more confidence, with walking in particular, since coming on this workshop. I would recommend to others as I have found it very beneficial.’
Anon 11 December 2017
To find out more or book a place, please email Chichester Wellbeing or call on 01243 521041.