Nordic walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking - it makes something that we can all do twice as effective! It is a specific exercise technique and is not to be confused with trekking, hillwalking or rambling.
Nordic walking poles add two major benefits to going for a walk, they use the upper body muscles and they propel you along, making it feel easier to work quite hard.
Benefits of Nordic walking:
- burns 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- great for neck, shoulder and back problems
- easy on the knees and joints
- sociable, safe outdoor exercise
- suitable for all levels of ability
For more information, please email Sylvia May or call on 07825 370033.