Active for Life
Do you currently do less than the recommend 150 minutes (2.5 hours) of exercise each week? Are you wishing to be more active, but don’t know where to start?
There are many benefitsto regular exercise, including:
• Feeling more energetic
• Boost yourself-esteem and mood
• Less likely to feelthe effects of aging
• Socialising with others
• Reduce your risk of long-term conditions such as heart disease and Type 2 Diabetes
We offer a wide-range and ever-changing selection of activitiesto help you get started. For those eligble we also offer one to one support in helping you motivate yourself to take up a new activity. Here are a few of the activities you could try:
• Walking groups/ Beginners running club
• Walking netball, cricket and football
• Accessto virtual and in-person exercise classes
To take your first steps to becoming active for life, please contact us today.
Walking with Poles
A free 12 week course to learn how to walk with poles with a qualified Nordic Walking Instructor for those who are looking to return to exercise and who are currently doing less than the recommended 150 minutes of exercise each week. The course is aimed at inactive adults looking to increase their activity levels and confidence through walking.
Get in touch today to sign up to our free taster sessions!
By phone: 01243 521041